Browsers’ employees always get a kick out of books written by authors whose name is exactly the same as a more famous author. We thought it would be fun to jot down a few of these that we come across (this list will be updated over time.)
- Italic Calligraphy. Abraham Lincoln.
- Selected Organic Syntheses: A Guidebook for Organic Chemists. Ian Fleming.
- A History of Modern Russia. Robert Service.
- A Plated Article. Charles Dickens (book about Spode-Copeland China Works)
- Population Biology of the Indo-Pacific Hump-Backed Dolphin in Hong Kong Waters. Thomas Jefferson.
- The Curse of the San Andres. Henry James
- The Sheepskin Psychosis. John Keats.
- The Copperheads. William Blake. (historical novel, also the author of The World Is Mine and The Painter and the Lady.)
- Hill Girl. Charles Williams. No, the “Inklings” member did not write this book: “It was obvious she had nothing on beneath the old cotton dress and that she didn’t care a damn.”