Sell Us Your Books
We are happy to look at any books you would like to sell. A few general guidelines:
- The decision-making process is different for trade and for cash. We buy more books and pay 50% more for those books taken in on trade than for cash.
- Most modern paperbacks (romance, mystery, fantasy, etc.) are purchased for trade only
- Many modern (last 30 years) books are more likely to have value in trade credit instead of cash
Books for which we pay top dollar:
- Collectible books, such as important first editions, signed books, rare books
- Fine press books and finely printed limited editions
- Old books (generally, printed before 1850)
- Collections, professional libraries, etc.
Things we do not buy:
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- National Geographic magazines unless from 1919 or earlier.
- Most magazines printed in last 30 years
- Most book club editions
- Books that are damaged, mildewed, etc.
Things we buy which might surprise you:
- Loose paper: old letters, photographs, paperwork, postcards, scrapbooks. (Mostly pre-WWII)
- Sales catalogues or samples
- Old maps
- Current textbooks
If you have a large collection of books and would like us to come to your house, please call us and ask for Scott. (541) 758-1121 or (541) 926-2612.