Sell Us Your Books
We are not buying books at this time. If you would like to donate books, please call to make an appointment. We will quarantine the books for at least a week to ensure there is no contamination. Any books we don’t want will be given away for free. Call Mon-Wed, Fri-Sat; phone hours are 10AM-12PM (541) 926-2612; and 1PM-3PM (541) 758-1121.
After the health crisis, our policies will go back to normal:
We are happy to look at any books you would like to sell. A few general guidelines:
- The decision-making process is different for trade and for cash. We buy more books and pay 50% more for those books taken in on trade than for cash.
- Most modern paperbacks (romance, mystery, fantasy, etc.) are purchased for trade only
- Many modern (last 30 years) books are more likely to have value in trade credit instead of cash
Books for which we pay top dollar:
- Collectible books, such as important first editions, signed books, rare books
- Fine press books and finely printed limited editions
- Old books (generally, printed before 1850)
- Collections, professional libraries, etc.
Things we do not buy:
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- National Geographic magazines unless from 1919 or earlier.
- Most magazines printed in last 30 years
- Most book club editions
- Books that are damaged, mildewed, etc.
Things we buy which might surprise you:
- Loose paper: old letters, photographs, paperwork, postcards, scrapbooks. (Mostly pre-WWII)
- Sales catalogues or samples
- Old maps
- Current textbooks
If you have a large collection of books and would like us to come to your house, please call us and ask for Scott. (541) 758-1121 or (541) 926-2612.